Solutions for QuickBooks Error Code H505
This error code mainly occurs in a multi-user environment. QuickBooks Error Code H505 belongs to a number of errors that occur when users access a file that is not located in the computer or enters a located file with incorrect configuration. This error bothers communication between several devices and accounts.
Various error codes share some solutions related to error H505, but users have notified that the error mostly occurs in a multi-user mode. It surely makes the communication between some connected devices. In terms, it is more difficult to share a single company file to another account.
I have suggested many solutions, that will help to every QB user who is facing QB error code H505. We suggest a few solutions below the blog hope so you follow the instruction one-by-one until one of the solutions to fix your error.
The Main Cause for QuickBooks Error Code H505:
Basically, incorrect address configuration or incomplete access to the files absent in PC is the main reason for this QB Error H505.
Stepwise Solutions for QuickBooks Error Code H505
Verifying the Hosting Process
As told, this error occurs in a multi-user environment, where the computer serves a host so you have to check whether the hosting process is enabled on one computer only. You can verify that by the following procedure:
- Opening QB move to files and then to Utilities.
- If you are able to see the multi-user access option, it means you can safely move to the next option and this computer is not hosting. Please do not make any changes to it.
- And if clicking on Utilities, you see the option saying ‘stop multi-user access option’ click on the option to stop the hosting mode.
- Undergo this process in all computers except the host computer.
Checking if Services a Running Properly:
In this step, all the services we are talking about are related to the host computer. As there are the number of services that must be always running on the host computer as follows-
How to access services- If you have windows older than Windows 10. For accessing services in an older version of windows you have to click on the start button and navigate to run box. Then you have to write services.MSC and see the list of services arriving.
If you use windows 10 – Use the shortcut keys Control + Shift + Esc. to access the task manager. Go to services and then click on tab Open services.
After the Services Have Been Accessed- Once you open services, you now need to find the QuickBooksDBXX and then right-click the services and go on the properties. Go to startup type, and turn it automatic making sure service status is running and if that status says stopped; you have to click on start button mentioned in properties.
Now go to the recovery tab, and locate first failure option and then restart the device and service will restart automatically if there’s a failure. Repeat steps for every failure again.
The services will start now and there will be probably no future problems.
Unblock the Blockages in QBQ Network Ports
Firewalls can prevent any external link to access data and while using QB that’s an issue. Different firewalls might be present in your computer but you are suggested to use only one. How to make sure, whether there’s a blockage or not, here are the steps-
- Go to start, open Control Panel then move to System and Security.
- Go to advanced settings and then visit Inbound Rules.
- Right click on Inbound Rules and select new rule. Now under that section, select PORT. From the given set of buttons select TCP, (recommended) and switch next radio button to specific local ports. You will have to add specific given ports in order to correct functionality.
For QB 2018- 8019, 56728, 55378, 55382
For QB 2017- 8019, 56727, 55373, 55377
For QB 2016- 8019, 56726, 55368, 55372
- Then, select allow connection to QuickBooks Database Manager and move on.
- Select network type using what you want to apply this rule.
- Add a name for the rule, and click on finish.
- Make same steps for out bounded rules.
Host File Editing
This is an advanced process, in order to make this work you need to have access to the administrator account.
- At the QB Database Server, use Windows key + R key to open the run dialog box.
- Type cmd.
- After the cmd window opens type ipconfig/all and enter to run.
- Make a note for the Host computer and note its IP address and repeat it on every system and that is connected in a multi-user environment.
Conclusion – This blog talked about the QuickBooks error code H505 that happens due to above-mentioned causes mainly incomplete or incorrect authentication or entering data into the separate system. We also mentioned the solutions to it in detail with steps to follow and database to enter. If you Like the blog, so please share it with your friends.
Read also this Blog – Various Ways to Fix ‘QuickBooks Error 404’