Suitable Guide to Resolve QuickBooks Error 6190-816
Performing accounting tasks like day-to-day transactions, keeping a tab on overall sales, payment of bills, generation of invoice etc. is easier with QuickBooks. But to complete all these everyday jobs without any error is not possible. The software is most likely to show issues like QuickBooks Error 6190-816.
With this blog, our purpose is to explain the causes of this problem. Also, we will provide some basic solutions that will help you get rid of it. QB Pro Solution has a team of brilliant experts who have ages of experience in handling annoying issues. This issue, in particular, belongs to the 6000 series. So, you may as well get answers for issues like QuickBooks Error 6073 from us.
Primary Causes of QuickBooks Error 6190-816
There are very high chances of coming across this problem. In fact, it is one of the most searched problems on the search engine. It displays an error message that says something like – QuickBooks could not open the path (file) on the host computer.
We’re here to clarify the main causes connected with this problem.
Here is why some users come across QB error code 6190 816: –
- When the software is on single user mode and some other individual is accessing the same at the same time.
- Due to a miss-update that has led to the opening of the file on some other system without actually upgrading the transaction file.
- When the company file and the original transaction log file are different.
- When the data in the data file is ruined and damaged.
Steps to Fix QuickBooks Error 6190-816
The process of eliminating QB error 6189 816 is quite simple. Before making an attempt to fix, kindly download the QuickBooks Network Diagnostic Tool. Now, make use of the troubleshooting steps as mentioned below:-
- Run the diagnostic network tool
- The tool will ask you to use admin credentials in order to log in.
- Two options will be viewed on the screen: Network Connectivity Only and Both File Damage and Network Connectivity.
- You will come across two options after logging in – File Damage & Network Connectivity and Network Connectivity.
- The 2nd option will identify all the ruined and broken files. Then, it will fix the QuickBooks Error Code 6190-816 for you.
- The tool may ask you to type the administrator password, don’t waste time thinking and simply insert the correct password.
- After that, it will ask the location of your file – Server or Workstation. Choose the option that is true for you and then, moves ahead.
It is possible that the tool would display that the issue has been resolved, but the error will still appear. In a situation like this, you need to make sure that you are using a computer that has the company file stored in it. This is a crucial step and might be the reason why the troubleshooting steps did not help. Now, rename all the files and check whether these steps work for you or not.
- From the Company folder, look for the actual company file.
- You need to rename that file by using the right-click button of your mouse.
- Once done, go ahead and rename the Transaction Log File also.
- Leave the system, restart it > Open QuickBooks and then sign in the company file.
You might still be facing QuickBooks Error 6190-816. So, carry on with the Single User Mode Check.
- You need to ensure that all the users have logged out.
- Start the computer system once again.
- Cut and copy the data file on the system desktop (or any other place of your choice) and then put it back to its actual location.
- Lastly, log in the QB software.
Here’s hoping these steps let you remove QuickBooks Error Code 6190-816. In case of any difficulty, feel free to contact our experts. Our professional team consists of skilful and accomplished individuals who can help you out. We want you to have a smooth and full functioning accounting experience. You can either call us on +1-800-469-4817 or ping us on live chat to attain more information.