Fix QuickBooks Error Code 20 with Simple Steps
Users often have the need to print a particular invoice or transaction while using QuickBooks. But what if printing leads you to an issue? QuickBooks Error Code 20 is one such problem. It is a kind of issue that arises when the user is attempting to print a document or invoice. Usually, the printer being inactive leads to this issue, but there are many other causes of it.
In this blog, we will help you learn about the causes as well the ways to fix QuickBooks error 20. This problem is similar to QB Printer Error Code 30 but the solutions for it are totally different. Our experts have extensive experience in handling various kinds of bugs. Thus, we can provide you with solutions that will work for you and make your accounting experience better.
Chief Causes of QuickBooks Error Code 20
When this issue comes up, either a dialogue box or message displays on the screen that says QuickBooks error 20 printer not activated. During times like these, the user does not require to panic. All you have to do is consult a professional.
Let’s learn about the actual reasons why this problem occurs: –
- When the user makes use of QB in a 64-bit form.
- When the user upgrades the PDF converter to the latest version by using windows update.
- Introducing QB 2018 or 2019 or any other version on a similar computer system.
- Attempting to install operating system update by making use of the service offered by Microsoft Windows.
Techniques to Resolve QuickBooks Error Code 20
There are a lot of ways to fix QuickBooks error 20 from your system. Some of the most effective techniques for resolving this issue are given below: –
Download QuickBooks Once Again
- From the Control Panel, look for the Programs section.
- You will find a clickable option called ‘Uninstall a Program’ below Programs, click on it and look for QB.
- Click on it and then click on Uninstall from the Menu list.
- Once done, you require installing the program again.
- After the installation process complete, check the printer.
- Try to give the print command and hopefully QuickBooks error code 20 will no longer exist.
Generate a Registry Backup
- Open your software and click on the Registry Editor.
- Now, you need to click on Export from the File menu and then save.
- The afterward step is to create or generate a point of system restore.
- From the start menu, look for System Restore.
- As soon as you click, an option to create a restore point will appear. Click “Protection Settings” and enable them on your Local C Disk.
- Numerous times the function is disabled, then you must click on Configure
- Use Apply All after making the changes in the Settings and then finally Click OK.
Turn on the Permissions of Registry Editor
- Type ‘regedit’ on the Start Menu. This is the short form for Registry Editor.
- When it appears on screen, just don’t press Enter, instead, right-click on it.
- Now, from the list, you should choose “Run as admin”
- Look for HKEY_CURRENT_CONFIG folder; there you need to find the software folder.
- Once you find it, right-click on it and tap on Permissions.
- A new window will open, where you have to verify Full Control is given to users or not.
- Now, you must click on OK and close down the Registry Editor.
Repair or Renovate the QBPrint File
- In your system’s disk drive area, insert the 20xx Disk.
- After that, press windows icon and R alphabet key on your keyboard simultaneously.
- Now, in the Run tab, it is needed to type appwiz.cpl
- Look for QB 20xx and simply make use of the steps and instructions given on the screen.
- The repairing process will now initiate or start.
- Switch off and start your computer again after the process finishes.
- Repairing generally resolves the QuickBooks error code 20 problem. But it doesn’t, you can check out the next technique.
Repair and Adjust the Microsoft Document Writer
- Select the Properties option after right-clicking the QB icon on the windows desktop.
- You will spot an option called Find Target. Click on that option once you see it. (Instead of Find Target option, Open File Location is visible on some programs)
- Now, click two times on the Install Application, which will begin the process of PDF Converter.
- Click OK as soon as the process ends or concludes.
- Now from the Start Menu, you require to go to the Search or Run area.
- There is an option called control printers, you need to open that by using the Run option.
- If you a user of Windows 7 user, Right-click on the Document Converter followed by clicking on Properties.
- If you are a Windows XP or Vista user, you have to click on the on the Document Converter and then select the Rename option.
- You have to check which version of QB you use and then Enter the correct name in the format given below and then Enter:
- PDF Converter: QuickBooks 2017, 2018
- PDF Converter 3.0: QuickBooks 2017, 2018
Related Blog – How to Fix QuickBooks Error 12031
These are some of the best and most effective ways by which you can resolve QuickBooks error 20. If by any chance, you find it difficult to understand the solutions mentioned above, you can contact our team.
Our team consists of eligible and well-trained professionals who can solve all kinds of issues easily. You can reach us by calling us at +1-800-469-4817 or by making use of the live chat option given on our website.