QuickBooks Error C=1304: Causes and Solution
Being a developed accounting application, QuickBooks often displays issues and errors. Since it carries tons of data and information, these issues are bound to take place. One such problem is called QuickBooks Error C=1304. It is an issue that comes up when you are installing or updating your accounting application. During this problem, users come across an error message that says – error writing to file (filename). The user must ensure that they are able to access that directory.
Before moving ahead and resolving this technical glitch, it is necessary that you understand its causes.
Primary Causes of QuickBooks Error C=1304
There are several reasons why QB error C=1304 arises, some of the common causes are listed below:-
- There may be an issue with the system’s CD Drive.
- The issue also comes up when an individual makes use of a damaged CD.
- Due to a damaged or corrupted Microsoft .net element.
- The user may not have sufficient permission to access that directory.
In this blog, we will help you fix error 1304 in an effective way. In case you are facing similar issues such as QuickBooks Error C=224, then also you can find the solution for it in our blog section.
How to Resolve QuickBooks Error C=1304
The user requires copying all the installation files from the CD to the system’s hard drive. Follow these simple steps to do so: –
- You need to start by installing the QB DC into the CD Drive. Click on Quit if the installation process begins on its own.
- Move the cursor to the Start Button and Right-Click on it.
- Now, select Open Windows Explorer
- We recommended you to copy all the installation files before creating a new folder. Place it at a location you are comfortable accessing such as ‘Desktop’.
- Find a file named ‘QuickBooks CD’; right-click on it and select Explore.
- If you navigate to the right, you will be able to find QuickBooks and Third Party folders, along with the setup.exe file.
- Copy both the folders by selecting them together through your mouse and right –click on them.
- From the list of options, click on Copy.
- Go back to the new folder you created before this.
- Paste the copied files in this particular folder.
NOTE: You might come across an error while copying those files; this indicates that there is a problem with your CD drive or the CD. If it has too many scratches, the cause of the error might be that only.
Install the QB software from the copied folders to your hard drive.
Open the folder where you copied all the QuickBooks related files.
Trace the setup.exe file and then double-click on it. The installation process will begin as soon as you so.
Some instructions will display on your screen, complete the installation process by following all of them.
Resolve QuickBooks Error C=1304 with Manual Restore
- Start your computer system and log in as an admin.
- From the Start Menu, go to All Programs, Accessories, and System Tools then eventually on System Restore.
- A window will open up, there you need to select the “Restore my computer to an earlier time” and Click on Next.
- You need to choose the latest system to reorganize reduction from the ‘On this list’, click on the update reduction list.
- Click on Next and proceed.
- It is critical that you restart your computer system immediately after the restoration finishes.
Use Reimage Repair Tool to Fix QuickBooks Error C=1304
Any user can download the Reimage Repair tool application as it is absolutely free. It is vital for you as it helps to scan, repair as well as identify issues that show up while using your accounting software. Once you make use of this tool, you will realize that it can easily eliminate all the infected files and contents from QB.
Steps to download this Repair tool: –
- Type ‘download Reimage Repair tool’ on your browser, select the first option and begin the downloading process.
- Once the process ends, double-click on the setup file from the ‘Downloads’ folder.
- This will run the installation process instantly.
- You might get the User Account Control prompt on-screen; just click YES and continue with the next step.
- Verify that your Internet Connection is up and running as that may hamper the scanning process.
- The scanning feature of this tool will automatically check all the technical glitches in your data file.
- Once the scanning completes, all the infected and affected files will display on your screen. Just Click on the Repair button next to them.
- Wait till the entire repairing process finishes.
These are some of the basic steps that will help you get rid of the QB error C=1304. All the solutions are tried and tested by our skilled and experienced professionals. For any issue in understanding the steps, you need to contact us via our helpline number. If you have any query related to this you can leave a comment below.