Top 5 Ways to Resolve QuickBooks Error 6073
QuickBooks is an exceptionally helpful tool that makes accounts handling simpler, but it is also a tool that displays several issues. As a regular user, you must have faced one or the other problem with your software. But if you are a new user, are you prepared to handle errors? Out of the wide range of issues, QuickBooks Error 6073 is one of the most annoying ones.
When a user is unable to open the company file even after trying 3-4 times, QuickBooks Error Code 6073 is the reason for it. There are several other reasons associated with this problem. In this blog, we will explain all the possible causes and provide the best techniques to fix this issue.
Primary Causes of QuickBooks Error 6073
The reasons due to which error 6073 happens to consist of:
- The server and the workstation version of QuickBooks do not match.
- Hosting is switched on several computer systems at the same time.
- Incomplete or no permission to access the company file
- Company file is corrupted
- An issue with the QuickBooks Database Server Manager
- The network data file is either missing or completely damaged.
- A Hidden label given to the transaction log files
- The firewall settings have blocked access to QuickBooks
- The software is running a pre-scheduled file backup.
Steps to Fix QuickBooks Error 6073
In order to get rid of QuickBooks error 6073 and 99001 completely, use the following steps: –
Make use of the QuickBooks Diagnostic Tool
Download and run the Diagnostic Tool of your accounting software.
Solve QuickBooks Error Code 6073 Manually
In case, company file is open in the single user mode on another system.
- Shut down QB from all the computer systems.
- Switch on the host PC system and attempt to open company file on it.
- Turn on the multi-user mode by using the File option on Menu.
- Make one last try of restarting all the systems and if QuickBooks Error Code 6073 still exists, use other methods.
In case, the company file is open in the single user mode on the host computer system.
- Go to the File menu of your software and pick the Close company option.
- Click on the File option from the Menu row.
- Choose ‘Open a company file’ and then snap on Next.
- From the list that appears, pick your company file.
- Choose Open file in multi-user mode
- Finally, click on Open.
In case, the company file is protected in read-only mode in the network folder.
- Sit on the computer system that is hosting your company file.
- Navigate or look for the folder where you have stored the company file
- Once you find the folder, just Right-click on it and choose Properties.
- Look for the Security Tab and click on it.
- You will get a list of users who use the company file, choose the one that is having the issue.
- Then Click Edit and Check the box that says Allow Full Control
- Apply all the changes
- Lastly, end the steps by clicking on the OK button.
In case, the user is accessing the computer remotely via other apps.
- Click on the taskbar that is given in the extreme bottom of your system and then selects Task Manager.
- Look for the Processes tab and click on it.
- You need to verify if there are any running processes below the name of the user that is showing error code 6073.
- In case you notice any processes, it is advised that you reboot your system.
Related Blog: What is QuickBooks Error 6147,0 and How to Fix it
We really hope that at least one of the methods given above solved error 6073 for you. In case, you want to get more specific details related to this problem, you can make use of the live chat option provided on our website. Besides that, our team of dedicated and skilled professionals is also available to handle queries via helpdesk number +1-800-469-4817.