The Best Answers to Solve the QuickBooks Error 179 Problem
QuickBooks is brilliant in speeding up the various accounting processes that business owners have to fulfil for their respective organizations. Based on various situations, enterprise owners may get stuck with problems such as QuickBooks error 179. This does not depend on what they choose between the QB versions available for the desktop and online edition.
Even after all the features and functionalities that QuickBooks has to offer, you may not be able to take advantage of some or any of them unless you get rid of this problem. Being a technical issue, this can be caused by more than one reason and you shall have to determine which one is likely to be it in your case.
Besides QuickBooks error 179, you may be facing another error that is similar in origin to this one but is mentioned on the dialogue box as QuickBooks error 9999. You may get in touch with our ProAdvisors or take a look at our website for possible solutions to the same at any time.
Main Causes for QuickBooks Error 179
This particular issue comes up at the time of logging into a banking site via your QB application. It stops the user from downloading the required data from another site, leaving you stuck on your banking site in the meanwhile.
Given below are the chief reasons that result in the user ending up with this error, so take a look and find out which of these is the one responsible for keeping you from accomplishing your tasks-
- Irregularities and inaccuracies in reports, receipts or bills that show negative numbers
- Absent names are in certain lists
- When the Payments to Deposit window actually displays those payments that are deposited
- Lost or nonexistent transactions
- If you have run a checkup on your data to ensure that the company file in your QB application is free from errors
- One or more Fatal errors in your QuickBooks Desktop
- In case the Balance sheet reports are unable to display all the existing accounts
Methods for Fixing QuickBooks Error 179
Following is a discussion of the various solutions through which you can remove this error and resume your work without hassle-
- If there are multiple users with the same sign-in info, sign out from all of those including your own browser. Even if you aren’t signed-in, someone else from your team must be, so ask them to sign out immediately.
- Once all the users(including yourself) have signed out, try signing in again.
- Open the Google Chrome browser on your computer and click the button that looks like three dots in a vertical line.
- Bring the cursor over the More Tools option and select “Clear browsing data”.
- You have the option of choosing the amount of data that you want to erase, from a few links and form information to the entire search history, cached content, passwords, and cookies from your browser.
- If you do not want to delete the entire history then select the time period from the Time Range drop-down menu and the items that you wish to remove.
- Click Clear Data once you are ready with your selection.
- In your QB application, go to the Tools menu and then click Online Center.
- Select the bank/financial institution which you need to update by clicking on the drop-down list.
- Press and hold CTRL+F3. After this, click Contact Info situated at the top.
- You have to click Refresh and then select the bank/financial institution that you want to revise, especially if its current status reads as “needs updating”.
- Click OK, followed by Update/Send. Enter the password if asked and select Update Now.
- Follow steps 3-5 again to update any other accounts that you may require.
- If the problem persists, you can contact QuickBooks support team
- Select Start on the taskbar of your Windows and type “command” in the search panel.
- Before you press Enter, Press and hold ctrl+shift. When prompted, go ahead and pick out the Yes option.
- Type “regedit” in the black window that appears and press Enter.
- The Registry Editor will open where you have to select Error 179.
- Go to the File menu in your QB application and choose Export.
- Select the folder where you would like to save the backup key.
- Type in a suitable name with the .reg extension for your backup file and Save it.
- Your backup file is ready- check for QuickBooks error 179 in this file by opening it.
There are plenty of users who have been able to fix error 179 with the help of the above-mentioned methods and steps. It is advised that you start with Solution 1 and then work your way down only if your problem persists.
If you still haven’t been able to solve this issue, you may consider contacting professionals like us. We can effectively determine the root cause and resolve this situation rapidly, no matter how long it has been bothering you for.