The Fastest and Safest Ways to Solve QuickBooks Error 15222
Around the world, there are owners of small and medium businesses who use accounting software like QuickBooks every day to complete their financial tasks. There are quite a few people who end up struggling to use this application sometimes due to issues like QuickBooks error 15222.
Despite all of its functions and ease, an error like this can keep you from completing your work on time, thereby increasing difficulties. In this blog, we shall discuss this particular problem, i.e., error 15222, in detail- its causes and the best ways to get rid of this issue in your system, based on the cause.
But what exactly is this error 15222? It is nothing but a common error that occurs during updating something in the QB application. You will know it is this specific message as the code is displayed at the time of occurrence.
Why does the QuickBooks Error 15222 Arise?
The reasons for it to take place can range from a minor internet connection problem to something slightly more serious like program incompatibility. Here are some of the most frequent situations that cause it-
- QB uses Internet Explorer to register digital signatures, so if it stops working then that can possibly lead to this problem.
- In case you have certain anti spyware or anti-malware that consider your QuickBooks software to be a possible risk and prevent its processes to run.
- If your antivirus also works alongside an anti-malware, then these two can collectively cause this error to erupt by interfering with the software’s processes.
- If you haven’t set Internet Explorer as the default browser, it could be stopping you from working properly by throwing up this error.
Main Solutions to Fix QuickBooks Error 15222
At QB Pro Solution, our job is to handle all kinds of QuickBooks issues. So, apart from QuickBooks error 15222, you can also reach out to us for other problems like QuickBooks error h505, error 1904 etc.
We shall focus only on error 15222 here for now. Following are the best methods to get rid of it-
Solution 1: Solving this problem by setting up a digital signature certificate
- Terminate your QB application if you cannot see any tab that says “Digital Signature”.
- Try to look for a file named QBW32.exe. You may find it in the QB folder located in the C Drive under Program Files. Open its Properties by right-clicking once you find this file.
- Select the Digital Signature tab and check if “Intuit, Inc.” has been stated here. If not, then click Details and then View Certificate.
- Install the certificate by selecting that option and then click Next, followed by Finish, in the window that follows.
- Reboot your device and then open the QB application. If this didn’t work, then re-installing the update can help.
Solution 2: For QuickBooks error 15222 arising from anti malware, antivirus, anti spyware or anti-adware
The only thing to do in this case is to update these programs in order to allow the following exceptions:
- Domains- Intuit.com, Payroll.com along with QuickBooks.com
- Processes- exe, followed by qbupdate.exe
Solution 3: If you’re Internet Explorer is not the default browser or is otherwise creating issues
- Set it as the default browser and see if that changes anything.
- Confirm that your device’s date and time are precise. If not, then you can do so by these steps-
- Double click the time on your desktop’s task bar or the system tray.
- Make changes if needed by going to the Date and Time settings.
- Select your time zone and ensure the server you are connected to, if any, has the updated time and date as well.
3. If you have Internet Explorer 11, then try to check the cipher strength of the website by opening the properties of the browser and checking the number beside the words “bit encryption”.
4. Ensure that your browser is updated- Click Internet Options under Tools and delete the temporary internet files.
5. Go to the LAN settings in Connections and check if the Proxy servers are blank. If you don’t use any Proxy servers, just empty the list.
6. Click the Advanced button that is located a bit lower down the window and mark SSL 2.0 and SSL 3.0 in case they haven’t been marked already. Also, unpick the TLS 1.2 option at the same place.
These were the main methods to resolve QuickBooks error 15222 on your own. On the off-chance that they don’t work, just get in touch with our team for immediate and expert assistance. We are always ready and glad to help our esteemed customers.