How to Solve QuickBooks Error 1310
While making use of the exceptional QuickBooks accounting app many users come across certain errors. The cause of each issue is different and thus the solution for each of them is also different. An issue that displays while attempting to install or update QB desktop is QuickBooks error code 1310. Many users report this issue as soon as they encounter it, while others try to solve it on their own.
Therefore, we will help you eliminate this problem in the easiest possible manner through this blog.
Prime Causes of QuickBooks Error 1310
Most users come across this problem while updating QB desktop, but there are many other reasons linked with it. There is even a similar issue called QuickBooks Error 1303 that users often confuse it with. You can easily find an answer for that glitch from our website.
Error 1310 may also appear while upgrading Windows applications that are combined with your accounting tool.
It further prevents the user from creating files in the installation directory. Other major causes contain:-
- There is insufficient storage space on the installation hard-drive.
- The user does not have administrator rights for updating and installing the accounting app.
- Write-protection is enabled on the installation drive.
- The hard-drive sectors are corrupted or damaged.
- Presence of corrupted files on the local storage.
- The QB Desktop version is getting interruptions from 3rd third-party apps or software.
- Unregistered Microsoft Windows Installer.
NOTE: Each user must have correct admin credentials before making use of the troubleshooting steps. Before fixing error 1310 in QuickBooks, it is also needed to ensure that there is enough space available on your system’s hard-drive.
Guidelines to Fix QuickBooks Error 1310
We will provide four different methods through which you will be able to fix error 1310. Follow all the steps and do not skip any of them for better recovery.
Method 1: Download and Run QuickBooks File Doctor
- Check whether your system already has a QuickBooks File Doctor (Diagnostic Tool) downloaded. If not, download it now.
- Close all the other apps that are currently running on Windows.
- From your browser’s ‘downloads’ tab, click on the QB File Doctor.
- The tool will begin scanning and repairing issues. You need to wait for a little while during this process as it may consume approx. 15 minutes.
- Once the message of ‘scanning is complete’ displays, make an effort to install QB desktop app.
- If this method does not resolve QuickBooks error code 1310, move to the next method.
Method 2: Modify the Settings of User Account Control (UAC)
- Go to the Run windows by pressing the Windows and R key simultaneously.
- You need to type Control Panel in the Run Windows’s search box and then hit Enter.
- From the User Account option, choose the Change user account control settings choice and then click on Yes.
- UCA Settings window will open on your PC screen.
- In the end, just click on OK and then start your computer again.
Method 3: Register Microsoft Windows Installer Once Again
- In the search box of Start Menu, type msiexec /unreg and hit enter.
- Press Enter and then click the Windows Start button once again.
- Repeat step 1 and step 2.
- Once done, attempt to upgrade or download your software again and see if error 1310 in QuickBooks still exists.
Method 4: Give Full Admin Access to the Windows Installer
- Type Command Prompt on the Start Button search box.
- Once the result appears right-click on it and press Run as Admin.
- A totally black in color window will appear wherein you are required to type ‘icacls “C:\Config.Msi” /T /C /grant administrators’.
NOTE: The user needs to replace the folder name that is mentioned on the command prompt to the folder that you have encountered the error.
- Just press Enter and exit from Command Prompt.
- After closing, make another attempt at updating and installing QB and verify whether QuickBooks Error 1310 still displays or not.
Related Blog: How to Resolve QuickBooks Error 1328
So, these are the techniques that can help you eliminate QuickBooks Error 1310. We hope the solutions and the causes that we provided help you get rid of the issue on a permanent basis. If you found any of the above-mentioned steps difficult to understand, simply use the live chat option on our website. You may also give us a call or comment below the blog to attain immediate assistance.