Ultimate Guide To Solve QuickBooks Error 1303
Due to its vast usage of QuickBooks, the software sometimes shows up errors. None of the errors are worrisome and can be resolved within a few minutes itself. QuickBooks Error 1303 is one such issue. This issue arises when a user does not have proper privilege to access the directory. It is a problem that may prevent you from using the software efficiently.
It is always better to leave it on to trained professionals to fix QB error code 1303, error 15243, error 1623 etc. This way you will be able to get rid of the problem quickly and easily. You may seek help either from online support or via telephone support.
Causes Of QuickBooks Error Code 1303
As mentioned above, QuickBooks Error 1303 arises when a certain user who does not have sufficient privilege tries to access the directory.
One of the reasons of QuickBooks Error Code 1303 comes up is because of your system not having proper control of accessing the directory. In order to remove the problem, you can check for a solution online. Specialists with expert knowledge are available at all times to guide users who are facing issues.
Users can also use the diagnostic tool to check for reasons why the fix QuickBooks error 1303 has come up. Following the basic steps for diagnosis sometimes solves the entire problem in one go.
Fix QuickBooks Error Code 1303
If you go through your software, you will find that the software already consists of a diagnostic tool. That tool will help you diagnose the basic issue and find a solution for QuickBooks error 1303.
Method 1: Using QuickBooks Diagnostic Tool
- First of all, download the diagnostic tool called – QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool.
- Save it on your desktop.
- The file will be saved in the form of “.exe file”
- Now, open the file and as soon as a dialogue box appears, you must click on “RUN”
- Lastly, select on the option – Having Trouble Installing QuickBooks followed by clicking on OK.
- The tool will check the issue on its behalf and repair it within a few minutes.
Method 2: By Running the Utility –
The main aim of creating a utility is to reset all the system groups and group permission settings to default settings of Windows. Use the following steps to create it: –
- Move the cursor and click on the Link that says, ‘PermissionsFix.bat.’
- Now select save, and save the file on the affected computer’s desktop.
- Open the file by double-clicking on it. Once the DOS window opens type “y” at prompt. This will begin of the process of resetting permissions of the affected folders to their default settings.
- The screen will prompt a question, ‘Are you sure you want to continue? (Y/N)’
- The user can type ‘y’ in small letters (lowercase) to begin the script.
NOTE: If a user types Y in capital letters (uppercase); the error will return.
- As soon as the file starts running, the user may press any key to exit the DOS window.
Once all the steps complete, the user can insert the QB CD and begin the installation process again.
Other Ways to Repair QuickBooks Error Code 1303
In case the tool fails to fix QuickBooks Error 1303 issue, make use of the following steps: –
- On your keyboard, press Windows icon + R simultaneously.
- This will open the RUN window on your screen.
- On the window, open C:\ProgramData\COMMON FILES\ and press the OK button
- As soon as the folder opens on your screen, click on ‘Organize’ then Properties and later click on the Security.
- You will see the ADVANCED option, click on that and then press EDIT.
- On the window, scroll down to check the list of permissions, and on ‘System’ user, double-click to select ‘Full Control<Allow<OK’
- Now, you will see a long list of permissions. From the system user, you need to double-click on the Full Control option.
- Press ‘Allow’ followed by OK
- You can repeat the same process in order to get group access.
- Finally, click on the checkbox that says- ‘Replace all existing permissions for all with permissions from this object’.
- Click on the ‘OK’ button for Common files properties window as well as for advanced security window.
- This will help you install QB without any issue or error.
Using these steps will definitely help you get rid of the issue that you are facing. But if you are still not able to resolve QuickBooks Error 1303, you must contact QB customer support helpline. A team of experts is available day-in and day-out to provide relevant and reliable solutions for all kinds of QB related issues.