QuickBooks Error 12152: Why It Happens, and How to Fix It
As one of the most sort-after tools, QuickBooks very well handles all kinds of accounts related tasks. Numerous accountants and CPAs depend on it for their everyday bookkeeping activities. Besides that, it is also a tool that displays annoying issues. QuickBooks Error 12152 is one such problem faced by users.
If you are planning to use QB for long-term, you must know how to handle issues like these. Consulting a professional is usually the best way out for unwanted errors. In this blog, we will help you remove this problem in a well-organized manner. If you are facing any other issue, such as QuickBooks Error 12031, you may contact us.
What does QuickBooks Error 12152 mean?
QuickBooks error code 12152 generally displays when there is something wrong with the user’s internet settings. Due to the settings being incorrect or poor, the software finds it hard to connect with the servers. The user thereby is unable to update the software.
Before trying to fix QuickBooks update error 12152, make sure the internet is working well enough. Enter the URL of a certified website to verify your connection.
Signs of QuickBooks Error 12152
There are several indications associated with error 12152. You will know you are facing this particular problem if: –
- Your computer freezes time and again.
- The dynamic program window crashes down.
- Your computer system hangs and displays an error while using a similar program.
- The screen straightaway displays ‘QuickBooks error code 12152’
- The mouse responds slowly and windows also start becoming super slow.
Main Causes of QuickBooks Error 12152
As a regular user, you must know why QuickBooks update error 12152 happens. This way you can prevent the issue in the future.
- Many times this problem comes up when the user makes use of an old version of the software. (Specifically, the versions of 2014 or before)
- The software is not able to identify the license data.
- The API keys of windows aren’t responding or working.
- The system is virus or malware infected.
- Expiration of the software installation.
- Presence of unrecognized sections in the windows registry of your computer system.
- Incorrect closing down of software or system due to a power cut or other unforeseen factors.
- The user deletes an important folder/file from the registry section.
- The main cause of the problem is usually the internet settings going wrong.
Methods to Resolve QuickBooks Error 12152
Users can follow any of the below-mentioned techniques to remove QuickBooks error code 12152. Go ahead to the next method, if the previous one does not provide the necessary help.
- Modify the time and date settings of your system.
- On the extreme right corner screen of your system, right-click on the time.
- Change the date/time and reboot your software.
- Check if the error message still appears.
- Check the working condition of the internet of your system.
- From the start menu, you have to visit the Control Panel tab.
- Find the Internet Options button and select it.
- Now, locate the advanced button and open the window.
- Lastly, you require choosing the Advance reset option.
- Uninstall and download the application once again.
- Once the installation completes, launch the app.
- Look for the Scan option in order to find out issues on your software.
- A list of issues might appear, just use the Repair All button to remove them.
- Reboot your computer system.
- Use the admin credentials to log in this time.
- After that, go to the Start Menu and type System Restore in the search area.
- Pick the option that says “Restore my computer to a previous time and date” option
- Click ‘Next’ and then choose the latest Restore Point from the list.
- Click on Next again to confirm your entry.
- Once the restoration finishes, restart your computer system.
- On the Start Menu, type command.
- Before hitting enter, hold CTRL and Shift keys simultaneously.
- Hit Enter now and then click on YES when a User Account dialogue box displays.
- You will witness a black box that will have a blinking cursor.
- Now, enter “regedit” carefully and use the Enter key of your keyboard.
- In the Registry Editor, (e.g. Google Chrome), choose the key related to Error 12152.
- From the File Menu, make use of the Export button.
- Pick one particular folder from the Save As list where you wish to store the Google Chrome backup key.
- Make sure that you give a suitable name to the folder.
- You also need to make sure that the “Selected branch” is chosen, then click on Save.
- Lastly, see if the file is saved with a .reg file extension.
Related Blog – Useful Methods to Resolve QuickBooks error C=47
We hope the solutions we provided helped you in eliminating QuickBooks error code 12152. In case, none of the methods works for your software just get in touch with our team. We have professionals who can fix issues like these easily. All you require to do is; connect with us through live chat or our helpdesk number. We are available at all times so you can call at +1-800-469-4817 any time.