How to Get Rid of QuickBooks Error 1402
We all are familiar with the fact that QuickBooks is a highly resourceful accounting tool. It is no less than a blessing especially for mid-sized and small-sized businesses across the world. But along with that, it is also a tool that displays unwanted issues. QuickBooks error 1402 belongs to that unwanted list of issues.
It usually occurs each time a user tries to download a payroll update on the system. Although it can be easily resolved, it still affects the workflow of an individual. Users tend to confuse it with QuickBooks Error 15102 as that problem also arises while downloading a payroll update.
In this blog, we will help you get rid of error 1402 and explain the prime causes of it. We will also provide you with the essential solutions to get rid of it. Follow the steps and remove the problem easily. At QB Pro Solution, our basic aim is to ensure that all the users have smooth accounting experience.
Primary Causes of QuickBooks Error 1402
There are several reasons for QuickBooks Error 1402 to occur, but the main reasons for it are as listed below: –
- Inappropriate file setting or placement of a damaged file in the QB folder.
- When the user does not reboot the system after a successful operating system upgrade.
- Microsoft Visual C++ consists of a damaged element.
- When the Windows Registry Keys are not found or are incorrect.
Methods to Fix QuickBooks Error 1402
Multiple ways to resolve QuickBooks error code 1402 are available online. But we will provide the solutions that are fully effective. We suggest users to not rush or skip on minor details.
NOTE: Enable/Switch on the Built-in Administrator account on the system before using the steps.
For Users of Windows 7:
- From the startup menu of your Windows 7 operating system, visit the Control Panel.
- You will see a list of options, from that select User Account to open it.
- Open the Create/Make New Account option and type a name as per your wish.
- Apply all the settings you recently made and, exit from the window.
- After that, use shortcut keys Alt and F4 to shut down your PC and when it shuts down, switch it on again.
- Log in to your system using the credentials of the new admin account you made.
- Now, attempt to download and set up QuickBooks. The problem will no longer appear.
For Users of Windows 8:
- The steps to resolve QuickBooks update error 1402 for windows 8 users are totally different. Start with opening the RUN window.
- Enter MSC in the search box window of Run as this will open the Accounts Manager window.
- A list of users will appear on your screen. If you notice carefully, the admin account will be visible on the extreme right side of the panel.
- As soon as you see Administrator account, click twice on it and then select the Properties option.
- This will open a window that displays several options with Account is Disabled checked on. All you need to do is uncheck that box.
- Now, we will restart the system and once it is back online, we will log in using the new Administrator rights.
- After unchecking the box, close down all the windows and quickly proceed towards switching off your computer.
- Turn the PC on and now log in using the new admin details.
- Make an attempt to install QB once again.
A lot of times, error 1402 displays because of the Adobe Flash Player settings. Downloading QuickBooks File Doctor can solve the problem for you. After the diagnostic tool completes the scan procedure, uninstall and re-install Adobe Flash Player.
We hope that the above-mentioned techniques help you eliminate QuickBooks error 1402. As service providers, we understand the value of right solutions, so we provide our customers with troubleshooting steps that are tried and tested.
If the issue still exists, you can reach out to our professionals. Our team has years of expertise in handling such problems. We can surely remove the problem for you in a few minutes. To connect with us, you can either call us at +1-800-469-4817 or place a comment below. We are also available via live chat.