Steps to Fix QuickBooks Error 6000-80, 6000-83, 6123
This QuickBooks error is not a single error of the 6000 series, this 6000 series has much more errors involved. The main causes of these 6-series errors are incomplete or damaged files. In this blog, we’ll discuss error 6000-80, 6000-83, 6123 respectively.
QuickBooks is enthusiastic accounting software that gives its users at glance services and offers so much accounting help in just one go. All the various accounting helps like managing payrolls, lookouts for invoices, calculating outstanding payments at the end of accounting year etc. are offered by QuickBooks accounting software. But due to some incomplete installation or missing file issues or due to any other malfunction, QuickBooks errors occur. One of these irritating errors is the 6000 series of QB errors. We shall know how to fix QuickBooks error 6000 in the steps given below in this blog.
Causes of this Chronological Series of Error 6000
- QuickBooks installation might be incomplete.
- The folder with company file has been damaged.
- Multiple hosting has been enabled, instead of only one computer.
- This error can also occur if the server doesn’t have enough rights to access the file.
- A user who is trying to log in doesn’t own the access.
- Security software in your system is blocking the QB access.
- Damaged company file.
- Broken connection with the server.
Causes to this series might be thoroughly similar but they have separate solutions respectively. We’ll discuss the troubleshooting steps for QuickBooks Error 6000-80, 6000-83, 6123 each.
Specific Trouble Report for QB Error 6000-80
Here are the details about code 6000-80, specific reasons and detailed troubleshooting steps
This error can occur when
- Restored data over a network
- The user might have double clicked the data file name
- Double click on the file icon can also cause the problem
- Various hosts for a single system.
- A file consisting of company data is damaged.
Troubleshooting – Mainly, the solution depends on the cause. Here are the solutions along with the cause.
If User was Trying to Open a File Stored on Windows Server
If this was the cause of the error you are facing you can try following steps
- Download and install QuickBooks file Doctor. Try resolving the error with help of this tool.
- If hosting is enabled on more than one computer, change the settings.
- If more than one computer has QB installed try to configure the software to store the company file.
If User was Trying to Open the File Not Present in the System
- Configure the QuickBooks Database Server Manager and recheck the directory the Initord.conf.
- Now restart the computer.
If User was Trying to Create a Backup
- Create a manual backup and save it in a file under C drive.
Specific Trouble Report for QB Error 6123
This error can occur when
- If the user is restoring a backup from a removable device, this error can occur.
- Multiple Windows of QuickBooks database are running
- Company file is accessing in a new version of QB software.
- Damaged windows.
For Single User
- Rename .nd file by opening a company file editing it by right-clicking on it.
- Reset the folder permissions. We need to set the proper permissions depending on user’s windows settings.
- Try creating a new window user login and then try to open your QB file from there.
- Move your file to a different place; this will make sure that all paths in the way are clear.
- Access the auto data recovery option. This data recovery option backs up the lost data and recovers the data file automatically.
For Multi-User Mode
- Check the firewall ports easily; antivirus and firewall might be blocking the access. So checking the firewall and antivirus ports might solve the issue in one go.
- How to rename the .ND and .TLG file in multi-user
- Open the company file folder.
- Choose the .nd file of your company.
- Right-click and rename the .nd file.
- At the end of the file, you renamed add .end.
- Scan company file by using database server manager
Before performing these steps in Windows 10, 7, 8 firstly you need to turn off the database server.
- Restart the services of software
To resolve QuickBooks error 6123 in multi-user of QB software, you can try to restart the QuickBooks services. Besides restarting the services you can also go for re-scanning the company file if restart doesn’t work.
- Change the hosting services
Follow these steps to toggle the hosting settings in QB-
- Opening your company file, switch to a single user.
- Now, choose the file yet again and go to utilities, choose the option that says, ‘stop hosting multi-user access.’
- Go to utilities again, and then change file’s hosting settings.
- Selecting the file to choose multi-user mode again.
- Reinstall QuickBooks
If nothing works, go for the option of reinstalling the software.
Specific Trouble Report for QB Error 6000-83
This error can occur when
- Any security software is blocking the access to file.
- Company file is damaged.
- The server who is trying to go through has no further permissions to access the company file.
- The .qbw file is missing.
- Hosting is enabled on two different computers.
- Updating your system and server to the latest version can help.
- Use QuickBooks File Doctor
- Backup your file to your drive and restore it later to company file and update it.
Rest troubleshooting for the concerned error the similar to code 6000-80.
Conclusion – This blog was about the series error code 6000 in QuickBooks. Although series 6000 comes up with various other chronological errors we discussed three of them here Error 6000-80, error 6000-83 and 6123. All the causes and troubleshooting steps are discussed thoroughly.
Also, read this blog – How to Fix QB Error Code 1603