Payroll is one of the major reasons why so many people across the world make use of QuickBooks. It is a feature that allows a lot of small and mid-sized companies to pay salaries to their employees in a hassle-free manner. Easy to use and customized in nature, QB Payroll offers not one but various functions for users.
It may sometimes show some errors as well. QuickBooks Payroll Update Error PS033 and error 5502 are the most common one that you will come across. It generally occurs when the CPS folder contains any damaged file. Due to this, no user is able to download the recent updates related to payroll and sometimes not able to open a company file.
In this blog, we will talk about the reasons why this issue occurs and how to remove it effectively.
Why QuickBooks Payroll Update Error PS033 Comes Up?
Here are some of the cause of error PS033 that you must take note of: –
- Non-activation of Payroll subscription.
- The inactive Direct Deposit agreement consists of more than one active payroll.
- The QuickBooks Desktop file ‘ini’ may be damaged or corrupted.
- When there is some sort of damage in the QB data. The reason being unknown.
- If a user has not successfully updated his/her QB software to the most recent one.
- Due to an incorrect Service Key.
- Due to an invalid Employer Identification Number (EIN) company file.
- Payroll not successfully downloaded due to internet connectivity problems.
- Due to ‘PSID’ company file being non-valid or incorrect.
- If QB Desktop is not compatible with the windows version that the user is currently using.
- If the QuickBooks Desktop shows “Invalid number or EIN” status on screen.
NOTE: Before moving ahead and trying to fix this error, all users must make sure that they have an active and valid payroll subscription.
If a user has a deactivated payroll subscription, then there are higher chances of facing errors. These errors arise due to payment problem or other unknown reasons.
Steps to Fix QuickBooks Payroll Error PS033
All you need to do is follow the steps mentioned below and you’ll be able to remove the QuickBooks Payroll Update error PS033 easily: –
Step 1: Firstly, simply update the QB Payroll Tax Table. The other steps won’t be effective if the tax table is not updated. From Employees menu, go to getting Payroll Updates. Then click on Download Entire Payroll Update and select ‘Update’
Step 2: It is also necessary for each user to take a backup of their QB data before starting the fixing process.
Step 3: After updating, kindly check whether the problem still exists or has been resolved. Proceed to the next step if the error is still visible.
Step 4: Navigate and Locate: C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks 20QQ\Components\Payroll\CPS on your computer system.
Step 5: QB denotes the reference to the yearly edition you have such as 2018, 2017 or 2016
Step 6: Try renaming CPS folder to ‘CPSOLD’ and check whether or not the problem still persists.
Step 7: Make an effort to update Payroll again. If it starts updating then the issue is resolved, if not then move to the next step.
Step 8: Disable UAC (User Account Control). The steps to do so are mentioned in Step 9.
Step 9: Change UAC settings (Windows 7, 8, 8.1 and 10)
- Press R and Windows key on your keyboard simultaneously.
- On the Run Window, type Control Panel and click OK
- Now, click on User Accounts and Choose the User Accounts (Classic View) option.
- Select the ‘Change user account control settings’ option and move the slide.
- Lastly, click on the ‘Never Notify’ option.
Step 10: Restart your system and open QuickBooks again.
We hope that making use of the above-mentioned steps will solve your problem. All the steps given above are tried and tested by our experts.
For any further queries related to payroll updates for QuickBooks, feel free to get in touch with us on +1-800-469-4817. Our team of skilled and knowledgeable professionals is available to guide users at all times. They listen to each customer query with maximum patience and then review the issue. After reviewing, each user is provided with solutions according to the problem.
Related Blogs: Speedy Ways to Solve QuickBooks Error 15311