How do I Cancel a Payroll in QuickBooks Online
Direct Deposit in terms of Payroll is one of the best options of QuickBooks. It saves time and both vendors plus employees can use this payroll feature. And how to cancel payroll in QuickBooks is one of the most common question user asked while using Intuit payroll service. In today’s blog, we are trying to sort out this problem for users. Follow the specific steps carefully to overcome the problem.
Things You Must Know Before the Cancellation a Payroll in QuickBooks
- The cancellation process should be done before 5:00 p.m.
- The cancellation date should be 2 banking dates before the paycheck date
- If your direct deposit has been continued by ACH process, it cannot be redone by Intuit.
Steps to Resolve the Problem of Canceling Pay-roll via QB Desktop
- Go to the QuickBooks software, then open employee section from the menu bar. Open my Pay-roll service option and then click on the account info tab.
- Enter essential account login info
- Account maintenance screen will be displayed.
- A new window named service information will be opened.
- Select the link that says cancel.
- Follow the steps displayed on the screen to finally cancel QuickBooks Payroll.
Steps to Cancel QuickBooks Payroll by Requesting it Online
- Open the QuickBooks Online Cancellation Form.
- Select a suitable reason to cancel the service.
- Enter the Company’s details and make sure they match previous details as well.
- Click on the continue button, and then enter the date of Final Payroll Check.
- Enter following details for ending up-
- Contact name
- Daytime phone
- Email address, then click on the submit request button.
Steps to Cancel it via the Website
- Visit Intuit account and enter your details
- Below the product and services, click on the QuickBooks Payroll Subscription you’re canceling.
- Click the cancel service and choose a reason to quit.
- Select from the options, either cancel now or cancel on next billing date.
What About the Cancellation Refund:
When the payroll gets canceled, many users think about the cancellation refund. As per the policy by Intuit, if the payroll subscription gets canceled within 60 days of purchase, the amount refundable will be 100%. But if the customer wishes to an employee the subscription until expiry date only, no amount would be refunded.
Keeping Record of Refundable Amount
The user can keep an eye over his refundable amount via
- Online banking activity. Most of the times, payroll refund is sent to the bank account it was bought from.
- Another option is by going to the personal account of the user with Intuit account.
When Will You Get the Refund Back
Here are estimation periods of getting your refundable amount back with different payment methods:
- Credit / Debit card payees will get the refund in their credit card statement within 7-10 business days after processes are made.
- Via Electronic File Transfer, the refund will appear in 10 business days.
- If you are expecting return via mail check, you’ll get it within two weeks.
The above blog shows the issues we face canceling a payroll. As responsible software, we mentioned the important things one should be aware of before processing further. The blog talks about ways to cancel QuickBooks payroll. You can cancel it online, with desktop software or by visiting the Intuit website. And, talking about the payroll cancellation refund, it says that refund can happen within 60 days and the whole criteria of refund are discussed gradually.