In case you wish to add an Employer Identification Number to your QuickBooks Payroll 2018, simply read this blog. We have provided with the step by step procedure of for adding EIN in your Basic, Standard or QuickBooks Enhanced Payroll.
Things to Consider Before Entering EIN
- In order to run payroll in your accounting software, make sure you make use of the same registered accounting software version in all machines. This will enable all systems to use the same payroll subscription.
- You need to note that QuickBooks Desktop Payroll supports only one company data file for each EIN. Using the same Employer Identification Number on multiple computers can lead to major errors.
- To add a single payroll subscription you will require the contact information and payroll admin credentials.
- The same DIY Payroll subscription can be used for multiple Companies at the time of paying employees using the Direct Deposit.
- You will find a limit on the companies you can add on QB Basic, Standard and Enhanced. These limits do not depend on the overall number of the employees but are dependent on the total company data files.
Steps for Adding EIN in Standard, Basic and QuickBooks Enhanced Payroll
- The first step is to Choose Employees from the top menu, and then click on Payroll and go to the – ‘Use My Current Payroll Service’ option.
- Go to the Account Maintenance Window and Add a File.
- In the Add to Subscription Number section, enter your zip code and select the option that says – ‘I have an existing subscription’
- In case the Add to a Subscription Number field is not visible, then your payroll service has already been validated.
- Get in touch with our team if you require any assistance in moving the EIN to your present subscription. We will also help you out if you already have a service key and wish to add an EIN number to your subscription.
- Click on Next in order to add the company EIN at no extra cost when the Review Information window opens on your screen.
- Choose the Print option and check your QuickBooks Desktop Payroll to verify whether the service is validated or not.
- If the service is already validated, then the service will be added to your software automatically.
- You now need to verify your Payroll Service Key. Follow the steps below in order to verify it: –
- From the top menu, select Employees followed by My Payroll Service. Then click on Manage Service Keys.
- You will find the View option through will you be able to check the status of your service key. Check whether it displays ACTIVE status or not.
Maximum Number of EIN for Different Payroll Versions
The number of EINs that you can use per payroll version is different from one other. Here is a table that shows the maximum limit of Employer Identification Number for each version: –
|Service||Limit of EINS|
|Enhanced Payroll for Accountants||50|
|Assisted Payroll||Every EIN is charged individually. Discounts are applicable for multiple companies|
What to Do When you have Purchased Payroll Subscription directly from Intuit
Here are the essential steps that you can follow if you have purchased your payroll subscription directly from Intuit: –
Step 1 – Attain the Service Key of the EIN
- Make use of the Disk Delivery key or Automated Service Key tool.
- Get in touch with our team to consult our professionals.
- You will attain an original service key as soon as you give your EIN.
Step 2 –From the Enter Payroll Service Key from the top menu bar, simply select Add and Enter the service key. Do not use any hyphens while entering the number.
Step 3- Now Click on Edit and then type the service key. Click Next and then Finish to complete the entire process.
We hope with this blog, you were able to get relevant help related to adding EIN number in Basic, Standard and QuickBooks Enhanced Payroll. Feel free to contact us for any queries with your QuickBooks desktop payroll subscription. We will be more than glad to help you out. We are available 24/7 to offer proper help and assistance to all our clients.